Post  Admin on Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:32 am

Here is where you can add and discuss 122 HW's

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://sbphysics121.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

mapleta?

Post  Guest1 on Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:39 am

Is mapleTA down for anyone? I have not been able to open it in a few hours.

Guest1

Back to top Go down

Question 3 / Forum

Post  sjames on Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:51 am

Where did the forum that was posted for 15.1 go ? Is there anyone who knows how to do question 3 I cant figure it out? I hate this new format.

sjames

Back to top Go down

Re: Maple TA HW 15.1

Post  a on Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:52 am

you would think that if they had a semester to screw up, that it'd be ready for spring....

a

Back to top Go down

Q6

Post  anon on Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:11 am

img519.imageshack.us/img519/57/151q6dz1.jpg
don't include a www

anon

Back to top Go down

Question 5

Post  sjames on Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:16 pm

Can someone please help with question 5 I have all the other questions if anyone needs them I just need number 5 please?

sjames

Back to top Go down

question 5

Post  hwilson on Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:31 am

I cant figure out 5 either anyone know how to do that one?

hwilson

Back to top Go down

q

Post  helpme on Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:40 am

can anyone help with 4 and 6?

helpme

Back to top Go down

question5

Post  hwilson on Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:05 am

yes if u can post up 5 i will post 4 and 6 for u

hwilson

Back to top Go down

Post  craziech on Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:47 am

all i need is the expression for number 5 so if anybody has that I will post up all my answers once I am done please help???????

craziech

Back to top Go down

Post  kat on Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:05 pm

I'll list them in order of blanks for most questions, and those involving the tasks I will paste my task in case they differ from yours, and show you how to do it so it can be applied to your own questions

1.) protons, a deficiency, an excess, 2, 1 , electron, 0, 1.6E-19 , huge compared to

2.) I don't seem to understand what they actually want in this question so I'll just tell you what I got...
"The task:
An object carries a charge of +1.802 . How many elementary electron charges is this ?"
Input variable given = Q
Output variable wanted = N
Additional variable needed = q
Value of input variable in SI units = 1.802E-6 (just convert micro-coulombs to coulombs)
SI unit of output variable is = none
The object has more protons then electrons

if someone can help me figure out what is meant by "Give the expression for the output variable, The value of the additional variable in S.I. Units is, and The value of the output variable is " that would be great. I don't want answers...if there is an equation to use just let me know that so I can work it out myself. I looked on ch.15 sheet 4 like it says but there is no expressions or anything

3.) G, masses, r, G, k, m, q , along , attractive, attractive, repulsive, 6.7E-11, much smaller, 9.0E9

4.) The task:
A 2.157 negative electric charge is placed at a distance of 23.857 cm from a positive electric
charge and experiences a force of 5.983 N. What is the magnitude of the positive charge ?

Fill in the blanks: q_1, r, F, k, q_2, k*((q_1*q_2)/(r^2)) , (F*r^2)/(k*q_1), multiply negative electric charge by 10^-6 for this answer, convert your radius in cm to meters, Force is already given in newtons , 9.0E9 , solve value of input variable by plugging in numbers into the (F*r^2)/(k*q_1) equation, giving you the q_2 value in Coulombs . The two charges attract each other since they are opposite

5.) m, r, G, F so far

I have to go to class but I'll post the rest of 5 and 6 when I figure it out. Once again if anyone can help me figure out whats wanted for #2 that'd be great. Also - is anyone else having a problem with #1 erasing your "Click list" answers everytime you go back to it? It keeps happening to me even after I save it and I don't want to submit the quiz later and have it show that I didn't put answers in there...
Thanks!

kat

Back to top Go down

MapleTA

Post  coolson on Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:47 pm

How are you guys getting access to quiz 15_1? It's not under the course website when clicking Link to the course workshops.

coolson

Back to top Go down

Q 5

Post  Craziech on Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:18 pm

It's under assignments on blackboard I also need just the expression for 5 I have the rest so if someone can share that I am willing 2 share what I have which is 1 thru 6

Craziech

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 87 on Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:42 pm

What problems are you having with number two? I have the answer so ill post it but it seems as though you have all the answers

Guest 87

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 87 on Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:44 pm

OoooO ..... for the output it is Q/q ..... that is all that is being asked

Guest 87

Back to top Go down

Number 2

Post  shanMone on Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:47 pm

Im pretty lost with number 2. I cant figure out the expression for the output variable and the input of the variable in S.I. units whihc ultimately means I dont have the value of the output variable. I also need help with Question 5 the Gravitational Force in those variables alsong with the value of the output variable in S.I. Units. I have all the other answers so ill post them if you need. I just need help with those questions. Thanks to alll!! Very Happy

shanMone

Back to top Go down

Q5

Post  sck105 on Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:43 pm

SOMEONE PLZ HELP WITH Q5 THE EXPRESSION?????

sck105

Back to top Go down

Post  maria on Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:44 pm

what is the Unit for #4 Sad

maria

Back to top Go down

Post  Kay on Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:00 pm

Units for #4 are C standing for Coulomb

Can you guys stop doing the whole.."Oh i have all the answers but ill only post mine if you post yours" nonsense? This website is here so we can all help each other out...you don't need conditions for trading answers. If we all just sit here and do that, no ones going to get anything done. If you have answers or methods that can help someone else out, quit being a baby and just do it. we're in college here...

Kay

Back to top Go down

Question 5 Answer

Post  Kathleen on Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:06 pm

I got the Expression for Gravitational Force for Question 5.

You use F= G*(m_1*m_2/r^2) but since m values are the same, you can just do m^2.

Therefore, the mapleTA syntax for this expression and the answer is: G*((m^2)/(r^2))

You plug your answers for mass (in kg) and radius (in meters) into that to solve for your output variable (F). The SI units will be in Newtons..

Kathleen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Question 6

Post  Kathleen on Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:12 pm

Fill in the blanks: q, r , k , F, Expression for electrostatic force= k*(q^2/r^2), 1.6E-19, number given in task above in meters, 9.0E9, output variable is found by plugging all your knowns into the equation and solving for electrostatic force, SI units is N and gravitational force is "tiny compared to" electrostatic force.

goodddd luck!

Kathleen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sarah on Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:29 pm

Hi Very Happy
for #2 I am getting The value of the output variable wrong

even though i divided Q/q

what did u guys get for an answer

what was the powe u used?

any heeelp?

sarah

Back to top Go down

Q5 and 6

Post  Guest 87 on Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:46 pm

5.) m, r, g,F, G*((m^2)/(r^2)), SI units at the end are in N
6.) q, r, k, F, k*(q^2/r^2) , SI units are also N

Guest 87

Back to top Go down

Post  #2 on Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:51 pm

YUP I AM GETTING 2 WRONG AS WELL
WAT DID U GUYS GET FOR 2
The value of the output variable ?

Back to top Go down

final grade

Post  uhhhh on Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:32 pm

did any of you get 5.88 out of 6?
i got every Q right, even checked with "how did i do"...
WTH is going on?

uhhhh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top