Post  Admin on Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:51 am

Put stuff about lab number 1 here

Admin
Admin

View user profile https://sbphysics121.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Lab Number 1 Empty excel worksheet

Post  ann on Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:48 pm

This question is for the error of E fill-in (bottom right box) on the "Parallel Plate Arrangement" worksheet. Do we use the sqrt((DdeltaV/deltaV)^2 + (Ddeltax/deltax)^2)*E equation found on the pre-lab question #8? If so, what does the D stand for? Is D(deltaV) one term or two?

ann

Back to top Go down

Lab Number 1 Empty Re: Lab Number 1

Post  Kath on Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:58 am

that is the correct equation to use, DdeltaV refers to the squiggly symbol next to the V (the third column in the table), and Ddeltax refers to the squiggly x (fourth column in table).

Kath

Back to top Go down

Post  confused on Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:51 am

anyone know what to put for the short answer questions? i'd like an explanation as to why it is that way too. I was thinking maybe the electric fields are more dense around the dipoles by the +/- charge because the lines are situated around the poles

confused

Back to top Go down

Lab Number 1 Empty Short Answer Questions

Post  mdawber on Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:44 am

Why not stop by the helproom and ask a TA to explain the physics behind these questions. We are trying hard this semester to improve helproom service and move the labs away from number plugging and towards understanding. So your question is a very good one, but I think you will understand it best if someone goes over it with you at a blackboard. (Also if you end up with spare time at the end of your lab session I would encourage you to ask your TA to help you understand the measurements and questions).

mdawber

Back to top Go down

Lab Number 1 Empty LOL @ Explanation

Post  phygirl on Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:42 am

LOL....

Thats a great response Dawber.... stop by the helproom......lmbo!!

phygirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down