SB Physics Help Room Sucks!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LAB 4 EXCELZ

Go down

LAB 4 EXCELZ Empty LAB 4 EXCELZ

Post  fizix Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:05 pm

What is going on with lab 4s write up...does anyone have a good understanding of this?

fizix

Back to top Go down

LAB 4 EXCELZ Empty Re: LAB 4 EXCELZ

Post  student Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:06 am

Would anyone be willing to explain the answers to the short answer questions on the excel sheet? I've been looking online for similar labs with explanations, and I'm not getting a very good sense of what we did.... Thank you in advance.

student

Back to top Go down

LAB 4 EXCELZ Empty Anyone get this question?

Post  You Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:32 am

Anyone get this question or at least can tell me what is on ch 19 sheet 24?
Assuming the two coils act like a fully efficient transformer, use the ratio of the voltages in the coils to calculate the ratio of the number of turns in the large coils N_2 divided by the number of turns in the small coil N_1). (See Ch 19 Sheet 24)

You

Back to top Go down

Post  please Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:40 am

does the electron beam come out of the plane or into it? i thought it originally came out of it but because it was an electron it reversed and then went into the plane. and then what about current, are they opposite?

please

Back to top Go down

LAB 4 EXCELZ Empty Are the frequencies of the two signals the same? Why/Why not?

Post  kmurph Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:21 pm

Answer to question above:
Anyone get this question or at least can tell me what is on ch 19 sheet 24?
Assuming the two coils act like a fully efficient transformer, use the ratio of the voltages in the coils to calculate the ratio of the number of turns in the large coils N_2 divided by the number of turns in the small coil N_1). (See Ch 19 Sheet 24)
All that you need to do is divide your value for row 7 by row 6. so it's :
What was the peak to peak amplitude of the Voltage V_2 which was applied to the large coil and measured on the oscilloscope on CH2?
DIVIDED BY
What was the peak to peak amplitude of the Voltage V_1 which was applied to the small coil and measured on the oscilloscope on CH1?
I7 / I6
What is the reasoning for Part 3, the short answer???
Are the frequencies of the two signals the same? Why/Why not?

kmurph

Back to top Go down

Post  you Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:28 pm

thanks for the reply as for your question
i put it is the same freq, you can see that from the graph. As to why both sine waves are created from the AC generator. there is no other current flowing from the wire other than the one from it. the amplitude may decrease due to resistance but the freq stays the same...
not 100% sure as to that but its what i am putting

you

Back to top Go down

LAB 4 EXCELZ Empty part 3

Post  Guest22 Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:32 pm

how do u find the period of 9 and 11 on part 3?

Guest22

Back to top Go down

LAB 4 EXCELZ Empty help

Post  confusio Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:17 am

Can anyone help clear up some confusion... my TA in lab and the prelab say two diffferent things...

if the dot deflected left... which way do the field lines go? My TA said they point down, and the North end would be up and the South end would be down... but this is opposite from prelab question four. I think the TA was wrong, but before I change everything, I could use some feedback on how people determined their correct north and south poles. Thanks guys.

confusio

Back to top Go down

LAB 4 EXCELZ Empty part IIA

Post  helppp Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:18 pm

Anyone get the answer to Was the direction of the motion of the needle consistent with the current you generated? Explain with reference to the way the winding on the coils is connected to the galvonometer terminals. (Type your answer for your TA to grade) ?

helppp

Back to top Go down

LAB 4 EXCELZ Empty law

Post  hellllp Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:33 am

I'm having trouble distinguishing between lenz' and faradays laws. I think the answer to the lab execution 2 is Lenz' but am not positive. Can somebody please help me out?

hellllp

Back to top Go down

LAB 4 EXCELZ Empty PartIIA

Post  :) Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:24 am

I went by the lab manual for this one. In bold it says on page 5:

The deflection is to the right when the current goes into (not out of) the red or positive terminal of the galvanometer.

and so on, use what information is useful below it to fully answer the question

thats partly what i put Smile

:)

Back to top Go down

LAB 4 EXCELZ Empty Excel part III

Post  TT Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:37 pm

can someone pleaaaaaaaaaase tell me how to find the period of the waveform and the frequency of the waveform...nothings working! pale

TT

Back to top Go down

LAB 4 EXCELZ Empty amp

Post  anon Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:03 pm

this is gonna sound dumb but i am struggling with my brain lately. how do you determine the amplitude, i dont know why but im drawing a blank with this Embarassed

anon

Back to top Go down

LAB 4 EXCELZ Empty law...

Post  phygirl Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:50 pm

we are proving lenz law in this lab, not faraday.

phygirl

Back to top Go down

LAB 4 EXCELZ Empty Peroid and Frequency

Post  sos Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:57 pm

Remember that the time is in milli seconds, you you have to convert to seconds!

sos

Back to top Go down

LAB 4 EXCELZ Empty page1

Post  guest567 Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:26 pm

I think i may have switched some of my answers when i wrote my info down.. is this what other people got on the first page?

which wire was attatched to terminal e? a
which wire was attatched to terminal f? b
when inserting the bar magnet into the coil is the change in mag. field directed to the left or right? right
when removing the bar magnet into the coil is the change in mag. field directed to the left or right? left
Using lenz's law, is the mag. field induced in the coil to the left or right when inserting the bar magnet into the coil? left
Using lenz's law, is the mag. field induced in the coil to the left or right when removing the bar magnet into the coil? right

Part IIA: what is the name of the law that explains the last two observations? -lenz's law... but what is the formula?

also..Was the direction of the motion of the needle consistent with the current you generated? Explain with reference to the way the winding on the coils is connected to the galvonometer terminals. how would we know the answer for this?

guest567

Back to top Go down

LAB 4 EXCELZ Empty finding the period

Post  yourmom Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:00 pm

To find the period you just have to look at the graph at the time and see how many milliseconds it is from the start to finish of one wave. (ie. just look at where the wave ends, get the time, then look at where the wave starts and get that time and subtract end - beginning) Then you just divide by 100 and there you go.

yourmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum