SB Physics Help Room Sucks!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Midterm thoughts

Go down

Midterm thoughts Empty Midterm thoughts

Post  Fingersc Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:57 pm

What did everyone think of the midterm?

Fingersc

Back to top Go down

Midterm thoughts Empty Re: Midterm thoughts

Post  phys Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:59 pm

I thought it was much more manageable than the first one.

phys

Back to top Go down

Post  phy 122 Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:57 am

piece of cake

phy 122

Back to top Go down

Post  manny Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:15 am

little tricky but wayyyy better than the first...i think this time all the answers were B instead of A on form 0...lol

manny

Back to top Go down

Midterm thoughts Empty exam 2

Post  phyfrk Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:35 am

well...personally the thing i always thing about physics exams is that there's never enough time to finish every question...overall i thought it was more manageable than the first exam; however, i could've used some more time.lol

phyfrk

Back to top Go down

Post  DJ Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:34 pm

manny wrote:little tricky but wayyyy better than the first...i think this time all the answers were B instead of A on form 0...lol

Only 4 answers were 'B'. Shocked

DJ

Back to top Go down

Post  tofulove Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:12 am

I think average will be very high this time...good or bad?

tofulove

Back to top Go down

Post  reality Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:05 am

i thought the test was ok but then i looked at the answer key and was stunned.
lots of room for silly mistakes and some really tricky questions.

reality

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:19 am

Yea it was a bit tricky..I got a mediocre 85. and I still don't know how to calculate that error problem. ANY IDEAS???

Brian

Back to top Go down

Midterm thoughts Empty error problem

Post  guest444 Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:04 am

Basically, F= 1/(2Pi*sqrt(L*C) or F= 1/(2Pi*(L*C)^1/2. When calculating the relative error Delta F/F, you isolate all the constant values of the formula and set that as C to get F= C * (L*C)^ 1/2 so in this case C= 1/2pi

From there you must follow the relative error formula that delta F/F= n* (relative error of LC). To calculate the relative error of LC you do
sqrt((deltaL/L)^2+(deltaC/C)^2) and then you multiply whatever you get there by n, the exponent in this case 1/2 to get a 3.54% relative error.

guest444

Back to top Go down

Midterm thoughts Empty Brian:

Post  Stop try Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:08 pm

Brian, I know in your world saying "I got a mediocre 85" seems like a normal thing to say, but it implies that anyone who did not get at least an 85 is less than mediocre. If you're trying to show off, remember these 4 things:

1. Plenty of people did better than you (me).
2. Nobody likes people who try to show off.
3. You might have done well on this test, but you suck at life.
4. Nobody cares.

Stop try

Back to top Go down

Midterm thoughts Empty why

Post  ??? Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:12 pm

Maybe Brian wasnt trying to show up and actually thought an 85 was mediocre considering that the test was really is. He probably thought an 85 amounted to at best 10 points above the average.

???

Back to top Go down

Midterm thoughts Empty correction

Post  .... Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:13 pm

show off* I meant
and test was really 'easy' not is LOL

Back to top Go down

Post  nyc Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:57 pm

Hey I feel stupid for asking this but can someone explain how to read those histograms? I know how to read the bell curves but I'm not sure how to read the ones put up in this course. Thanks in advance.

nyc

Back to top Go down

Post  Stop try Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:56 pm

Hey Brian I'm sorry about what I had said earlier. I was all caught up in the moment and had to resort to hateful and incendiary coments. This stems from my lack of self esteem because I was abused as a child I am i am horrendously ugly. Please forgive my harsh words. I really didn't get higher than you but I will try next time. Peace dude.

Stop try

Back to top Go down

Post  DJ Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:21 am

Looks like the average is around a 6X.

DJ

Back to top Go down

Post  dood Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:29 am

I think they're f*cking us... here's why:
I think almost everyone in the course would unanimously agree that the second midterm was way easier than any midterm given in the history of 121 and 122 for our sequence. The questions were wayyyyy straightforward. I think that this test was purposefully made to be soooo easy because of the policy they will be implementing with regard to the form A fiasco. Correct me if I'm wrong, but our second midterm grade will be replacing the first midterm grade, and both midterms will be curved to the same average. If the average for the second midterm is much higher, the improvement that many of us would have made without a form A error is negated by the standard distribution of this test. I wonder how this will affect students like me who didn't do all that great on exam one, but due to the low average wound up with a decent grade. I suspect that they are doing this as some sort of experiment. In combination with exposing us to low levels of radiation during physics lecture, and high levels of stress over the course of one year, I believe they are trying to induce mutations in the SBU student body. My claims can all be substantiated with thorough evidence that I have been documenting through echo 360. Of course, the only way to counteract the effects of radiation-stress combination therapy is to wear a helmet fashioned from aluminum. And to down a fifth of Jack Daniels premium American whiskey. Until you vomit out the demons. I'm gonna g get started on that. Oh and in response to the question about how to read a histogram:
1)Buy a 3rd grade mathematics textbook
2)Read it
3)Interpret graph
4)Down a fifth of JD

To all you uptight SBU students, PEACEEEE~

dood

Back to top Go down

Post  Stop try Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:44 am

Dear Fake Stop try,

Kind of funny how you resorted to calling me ugly and said I was abused as a child. First, I'm pretty hot. Second, child abuse is not funny. Neither was your mom last night. And third, thanks for coming down to my level Rolling Eyes

Sincerely,
Upper Management

Stop try

Back to top Go down

Post  wow this Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:12 am

Wow my ears have officially heard it all now. They intentiaonally made the test easy so that you can fail if you dont get a good grade on it. Right! Perhaps Stephens was so fed up with all the fussing and complaining that he made the test easy to get no complaints. And as you can see the average still managed to be a 66 on the exam which kills your theory about the average being extradonarily high. mid to upper 60s is about right for an average. You are beginning to sound ridiculous. Also, you are assessed relative to the average so if you did better on the first exam(meaning you were more above the average than in the second) your score will not be replaced by the new one. This has proved that this generation is full of complaints. It is the "its not fair generation' Yea the first time they screwed up but they admitted that they did and made up by giving an easy exam. People are way beyong spoiled and self-important. I dont know whether its this school, pre-med people in this school, this generation, long island people, or a combination of all these factors that results in this mess.

wow this

Back to top Go down

Post  Stop try Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:39 pm

Agreed: when the test is hard people complain, when the test is easy people complain. You guys need to sack up and just stop complaining.

Stop try

Back to top Go down

Post  j Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:18 pm

lolol maybe you guys didn't read that entire post which was hilarious. aluminum helmets anyone??

j

Back to top Go down

Midterm thoughts Empty response

Post  random Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:20 pm

Yea i totally agree with your comments. People in this school just can't enough of complaining and bitching about every little thing. They gave a bad first midterm and F'ed up, so they wanted to compensate their errors by giving us an easy test. Then this dumbass starts talkin about how they're trying screw us all over and administer radiation. In the bottom of it, I think it's all these filthy pesimisstic pre-meds that masturbate to their grades. They really needa calm the fuck down. I am a pre-med myself and it disgusts me what a negative attitude everyone in this school has about the school administration, the classes and everything else. All i hear is shit everyone keeps talkin about how this school sucks, the professors aren't good and all. If you dont like it, leave the school and stop bitching. Thank you.

random

Back to top Go down

Post  Thank yo Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:06 pm

Actually the Professors are the best thing in this school. The majority of the people, especially the pre-meds, are what completely sucks. Just walk into the physics lecture and see what rude ignorant people there are. It amazes me that this fools who dont even have the slightest bit of courtesy want to be doctors. If such individuals become doctors there is something seriously wrong with the system because all they want to do is crush people all the time and get mad that because they suck everyone else does. Moving out of someone's way is a burden for them. So they stand like the pigs that they are and bump you out the way. It is sickening! That does not make you important, it makes you a trash of society. Important people don't act this way.

Thank yo

Back to top Go down

Midterm thoughts Empty dood

Post  JAY Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:48 pm

aluminum helmets, radiation, mutations, echo 360??!! LMAO totally peed my pants...oh man your funny

JAY

Back to top Go down

Midterm thoughts Empty midterm 2

Post  disgrunt Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:31 pm

i guess the test was fair but i wish they taught better

disgrunt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down